Lower Control Arm bumper

Conn47D24

D24 Club Coupe

Meanwhile....   The parts book illustrations all show a LOWER rubber bumper on the lower control arm.

I assumed mine were lost to time.  However once I had the wheel assembly apart I notice the mounting hole for these bumpers was PLUGGED not just missing.

? :   Should I install the new lower bumper ?   Is there a reason it was plugged on this model ?

Thanks all

Clay

post-5542-0-08152000-1429796044_thumb.jpg

I would say that the rubber bumper got old and came off the metal stud an was probably the original bumper.

Yes I woudld but in a new bumper when you do the front end. What is left over is probably the metal piece that was valcanized into the rubber bumper.  Just my take on what you are showing in the picture.

Rich HArtung

• Like 1

I would replace the lower bumper as in mine they were gone too and when I jacked the car the wheels would turn in at the top. If the lower bumpers are not in what is going to keep the control arm from hitting the frame?