Empty trailer - Rockport, Tx to central Mo

austinsailor

Around March 16, give or take a day or two, I expect to be pulling back an empty enclosed trailer. If you have something you need moved along that general route let me know. No charge, some gas donation would be appreciated but not necessary. Doesn't have to run, but would have to roll.

Pm me.

I have to make the trip and hate to see an empty trailer go to waste. I am not fond of iron bar hotels, so I think I'll pass on the happy hauling option!

But seriously, if I can help get another one going I'd be glad to help.

Sad part is, I'm in Austin this morning heading north with an empty open trailer. Thought I'd be hauling an old boat I had, but I sold it yesterday. Not enough time to make arrangements this trip - unless someone wants to send me a pm along the way.

post-459-0-57520200-1424534978_thumb.jpg

Got to a attend a 90th birthday party, then head north.

Edited by austinsailor

That looks like a new subdivision on FM1960 just south of Georgetown of off Westinghouse road.  But it could be anywhere in a 50 mile radius of the Capital building, this area is just exploding with new construction and people and no new water source.  The highland lakes are at their lowest level in their history.  All of the rain comes down stream from them the last two years.  Where is the person who bought your boat going to use it?  Almost all boat ramps around the lakes sit high and dry.

Sort of off topic, but I guess if Todfitch wants, he'll delete it!

But, my stepson's east side of Round Rock. In obviously a new neighborhood, where everything is exploding.

But, more on topic, his next door neighbor, who has a house that looks very similar to the rest, solved the problem of how to keep your collector cars when living in a place like this. Last spring I unloaded my T bucket to terrorize the neighborhood. The neighbor came out, and instead of mentioning all the noise I was making, envited us over to see his. His third garage door opened to a garage that was 3+ cars deep, going back farther than the house portion. He had much of his collection right there. The rest was a block away at his mother in laws in a house designed the same way. If you have to live on top of each other in track houses I guess that's the way to do it.

As to the boat, it was an old Aqua Cat, sold back in Rockport.

There is still lots of water around Austin, it's just not in Travis.

Can you tell which house has a quarter million dollars worth of collector cars inside?

post-459-0-09989400-1424540986_thumb.jpg

Edited by austinsailor