My latest project (OT not MoPar)

Fireball

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

WOW that'll "pop" a little!!! I'm not familar with a 430cu.in. I thought the big motor at that time was a 390cu.in. Ford! That is a great year and the 4 seat Birds should have never taken "back seat" to the lil' Birds! I had a 62' Silver coupe with red leather that was a eye catcher many years ago, throw away steering wheel and skirts and curb finders!! Good luck your work looks great! Doc.

I've lusted after a square bird ever since the first day they were for sale to the public. The local Ford and Chevy dealer were both within walking distance of my elementary school,so you know I was always there the day the wraps came off on the new models.

I even used to hit up the local Mercedes dealer,and was going there so ofter to sit in the gullwing coupes to smell the leather all the salesmen knew me and they would just smile and say hello when I came in. BEAUTIFUL cars,but no way was I ever going to be able to talk my father into buying a "foreign car".

I think the 55 gullwings were going for around 5500 new,and his new Ford Victoria 2dr ht fully optioned sold for 2500.