ok i finaly decided to go with the gasser look

scottyv47

ha ha, just kidding, i was just throwing on 4 spare tires so i can take the old ones off the rims, clean up, and paint the rims then put my new meat on them, its just a shame everything gets old, not just people, look at the tread on these tires, there brand new, but dry rotted beyond use, a beutiful set of 6.70 sears allstate guardians

post-3436-13585369931984_thumb.jpg

post-3436-13585369932277_thumb.jpg

Scotty,

I think tires are the bane of the working man, right along with women, alcohol, and a list that continues into the horizon. I suppose if we all put covers on them to keep UV off them and jacked the cars to get weight off them they might last longer but I believe that sort of regimen would last about one or two times around my house and sensibly less time with others.

Have you already decided on the tires to replace them?

You got me with the "gasser" part. I don't know when and I don't know how but you will eventually pay for that.

-Randy

sorry, i thought it was pretty funny myself, especialy since a while back i said i might go gasser, and everyone disagree'd with me, i got a set of old remington cushion aire g78 15's with 3 inch whites to replace mine for now, there on the beat side, kid had them on a lowered s10 with the tops toe'd in for clearance when the fronts got low on inside he switched front for back, so there all worn on inside, but no dry rot at all, and they'll get me through till i can afford some new ones

Lots of old extinct tire brands out there.....occasionally one turns up.

The matched set on the 54 Plymouth I bought 3 or 4 years ago was

called "CountryPolitan" - which I suppose means they were good for

driving in the city and/or country.

This set of tires on my truck are like new except for the wear of time. Note the rubber stretch marks from being parked in the same spot for 17 years and being flat.

I do not recognize the brand. The name on the tire seems to indicate it is a common farm truck tire.

post-23-13585369935579_thumb.jpg

Scotty, as old and cracked as those tires are, there is no such thing as good. Even if they were the best thing you could get 20 or 30 years ago, they are useless now. I take that back, a kids tire swing could be made from them. Then sell them as antique folk art to finance a new set!

They look newer than the tires on my truck, a mix of Allstate and Pacific Rubber 600-16. Been on there since sometime prior to 1974. And still hold air for months at a time. Last driven on the road in 1994 (on 1974 tags). Seriously deformed after sitting 20 years, wouldn't use them for anything now.

They look newer than the tires on my truck, a mix of Allstate and Pacific Rubber 600-16. Been on there since sometime prior to 1974. And still hold air for months at a time. Last driven on the road in 1994 (on 1974 tags). Seriously deformed after sitting 20 years, wouldn't use them for anything now.

mine still hold air fine too, at least they have for the 2 months i've had the car, i would never drive on them, i was thinking more for those guys that have the trailer queens that like every detail original

I've got a parts car that has 5 brand new biased ply allstates on it, had been put on before being parked. They're pretty dryrotted and it's a shame. They hold air well and are good to roll it around and keep it off the ground. I live out in the country and I probably wouldn't care to drive the old coupe around the block at 20 mph with them but that's me. I know they're maypops and shouldn't be trusted.