Oddball piston/rod fit

mach0415

I am putting my 218 back together with some OEM pistons and have noted some slop in the wrist pin to rod bushing clearance. The pistons that came out are not OEM and have split skirts. My assumption is that this was patched together at one time.

1.What is the clearance supposed to be at the wrist pin to rod bushing fitment?

2. Other than VPW, are there any resources on bushings for sale?

3. Would anyone be willing to sell known good 218 connecting rods with/without pistons?

Thanks,

Mark in NC

NAPA lists bushings.

Wow, I cannot believe I did not think of that. I have bought all sorts of other stuff there for this ole turd. Whats even better, is that they make different i.d. and o.d. bushings.

Thanks for the heads-up!

NAPA lists bushings.

Yep. For my ZIP code they list two different ones both at $6 or less each. Standard or for oversized holes in the rod ends.

perhaps all six

If all you need is $36 worth of bushing from NAPA I am wondering why you'd bother with new rods.

Yep. For my ZIP code they list two different ones both at $6 or less each. Standard or for oversized holes in the rod ends.

If all you need is $36 worth of bushing from NAPA I am wondering why you'd bother with new rods.

yeah. I probably will go that route, now that I see I can get what I need. Is there a special arbor or tool to use with a press to get them out and the new ones in?