vin again!

Flatty52

Hello all. Still a very good and helpful site. Speaking of which...I've purchased a 52 Cranbrook with a round pillar tag 96056320 but can`t seem to verify the history of this vehicle. I live in Alberta and am sure that it is the long blocked Canadian version. Is there for a seperate vin cataloge for those above the border. Any ideas or help would be muchly appreciated. Thanks again.

I just realized that I have some listings for "north of the border" and will try to get around to adding them to my serial number decoder as time permits. In the meantime I've added the one range of numbers that contains your serial number. Now my decoder at http://www.ply33.com/Misc/vin will return:

Serial Number 96056320

Found in range 96044601 to 96057734

Serial 11720 of 13134

Year 1952

Make Plymouth

Model Name Special DeLuxe or Cranbrook

Model Code P23C

Plant Windsor

Engine 6 cylinder L-head

Wheelbase 118 1/2 inches

The serial number list I pull this from lists the engineering code as P23-2 but the other serial number list that I originally got the US numbers from lists it as P23C. Not sure what is up with that difference between two official Chrysler serial number lists...