Never again, installation of windows

I have been working on installing the driver and passenger windows along with the vent windows for several days now and still do not have them installed. When I purchased my 1952 Dodge 1/2 ton pickup the windows along with all the mechanics had already been pulled out by a previous owner. I got the windows made at a local glass shop and then the mess started.

I am having a hard time figuring out what part goes where and in what order, if I ever look at another Dodge B series truck and it has no windows I am going to walk away. Hardest thing I have ever tried to :mad:do on a vehicle.

Gary

Miami Texas

Try and get an exploded view, and go from there. The window regulators,channels, can bea pain. You also have the door latches to deal with in tight surroundings.

Just take a break, I have had mine in and out a number of times, so now can do them quite quickly.

I regret I did not take pics of all I could, but will take some pics if you like.....

I'm in Dallas if you want to come see my 1951 B3B driver. I also have a B3C parts truck with doors off but windows still in doors. You can take a door with you and return it later. Nothing like seeing the real deal.

If I remember correctly.....

the regulator first

the middle guide

the glass with the long guide

then roll window down,

slide vent in using 5 small screws to secure it

I'd have to work on one again to remember all the details....

48D

Once you've seen the illustration, it's really just a patience thing. Go slow don't get frustrated. It can't be as hard as practicing removal and reinstallation of NASCAR lug nuts for 40 hours a week before the race can it?

Hank

P.S. How much do those guys make anyway?