fluid drive plug

Phil Martin

Couple months ago I was checking oil in fluid drive. Yes I made the fatal mistake. Dropped the plug down in the cover. Had some ticker surgery so it sat all this time. Finally got out there today and took the cover off and got the plug. What an allday job that was.Bet I don' drop it in there again. I had to add about 8oz of oil to converter hope that is not a bad sign. The ole dodge fired right up after sitting 10 weeks.

Phil,

I'm sorry you dropped the bolt down, and glad you retrieved it.

Hope you ticker's doing better also. Eight ounces isn't bad - thats about what I added when I got my '48 5 years ago. You should be good to go. By the way did you retrieve the bolt with a magnet or how did you, now that you got me wondering.

I hope you didn't have to remove the lower Clutch/Bell Cover if so I figure thats what took so long. Well - All's well that ends well - as the three stooges yoused to say. Stuff a rag around that bad boy next time and leave no room for it to drop down. I wish you smooth riding from here forward.:)

Tom

Miller tools had a special socket that had a magnet in the socket to hold the bolt when you take the bolt out.

Here is my suggestion Get an extra Socket and then glue a rounf magnet intot he socket use gator glue. Then make the socket just longe enough so that the head of the bolt touches the magnet so that when you take the bolt out it will be held by the magnet and you can also use the same socket to install the bolt.

I will try to post a picture of the socket from my miller tools catalog after i get home tonight.

rich hartung

desoto1939@aol.com