spare leaf springs, anyone?

41/53dodges

Hi guys,

upon trying to install my leaf springs, i heard a nice "POP", but continued working. five minutes later, i looked at the spring, and the primary one has a nice crack right is the middle! there was a 48' one tonner at the junkyard that i was thinkin of grabbing the springs from (if that works) but if that doesnt, does anybody have any spares or a good place to get new ones? the broken one is the front driver side, seven leaf on the half tonner. thanks!

josh

I think I still have a set attached to my spare B-3-C axle. I'd have to go check in my storage shed when I get home from Indy. Would 3/4 ton springs work on your 1/2 tonner?

Merle

well, as long as they are front springs, sure. just got back from getting one tone springs for the back, thought i could interchange the backs to the front and use the on tons in the back, but thats wrong:mad:. so if i use 3/4 springs up front, no big deal.