Gas guage wiring

Big Sexy

I need to know the wiring sequence for the gas guage back to the sending unit including post/nuts on sending unit. I realize that one wire has to be grounded. My problem is how it fits on post with nuts - where does the fiber washer fit in the sequence. - 1940 Dodge D14 Thanks

Sounds like you have not purchased the Shop Manuals, nor the parts books that cover your model.

They are readily available on the Web, and not expensive. I guarantee they are worth every penny.

There are exploded diagrams of nearly every assembly on my '48's in the parts books. The shop manuals are not as good as the parts books in my estimation, but useful none the less.

Mean while, use the info on the website, until you can check into obtaining the books. You will not regret it.

I do have those books and they are a terrific help....However the sending unit was replaced before me and not wired. The unit has a single post in the middle. My first problem is what is #1 and #2 terminal and second how do the connections go - fiber washer, metal washer, nut etc? Thanks