Site Offline 10/30/24 starting 9:30 AM PST ×

looking for grill

If he doesn't take it (his post after all), I'd be interested in the whole grille for $150. I'd need shipping to California though.

LOL....well the shipping just one province over is like $250 so down to Cali would be around $1000 I bet :P

The shipping rates these days are crazy....but if your desperate and he doesn't take it I could get it for you with some papers that sign your first born, soul, and house over :P

LOL....well the shipping just one province over is like $250 so down to Cali would be around $1000 I bet :P

The shipping rates these days are crazy....but if your desperate and he doesn't take it I could get it for you with some papers that sign your first born, soul, and house over :P

I've flown to Canada for less than that.

Hank :mad:

Shipping, even from Canada, shouldn't be that much. Are you talking about the grille, or the entire front shroud?

the whole piecve...if I just strip off the centre pieces then the rest is garbage...I'd rather paint it and hang it on the wall then ruin the whole thing

Matter of persective, I guess. I like the way mine turned out. My center pieces were trashed. I have plans for a floating center piece that hasn't been fabbed up yet. Wasn't happy with the first one I built. Hadn't thought about painting one and hanging it on the wall....until now.

post-2406-13585359896647_thumb.jpg

• 4 months later...
the whole piecve...if I just strip off the centre pieces then the rest is garbage...I'd rather paint it and hang it on the wall then ruin the whole thing

I am searching for the the four grille mouldings to complete my restoration of a 51 FARGO. I have all the other parts in great shape. I would like to get the specs on the bars to see if they can be manufactured in a machine shop. Especially the mounting brackets. Any ideas? I can be reached at rstewart841@rogers.com. I am in Ottawa, but the truck camr from Northern Alberta.

The bars are very simple, with a sheet metal brake and some patterns you could make a set up pretty easily I think. The parking light surrounds would be a lot more difficult, which is probably why they're always so darned expensive when the pop up for sale.

Now, this is one of those things though that would look as good as the amount of time you put into it. You could get something that would probably pass for stock pretty quick, but if you're looking for factory perfect it would take a lot of trial and error.

Didn't someone post up some patterns awhile back for doing something just like this?

If not, I have a set of bars that aren't on my truck, I could take some pictures and measurements for you if you want...

Edited by moparmonkey

I sure would appreciate it! I have the parking lite brackets and the upper small mouldings in perfect condition. The upper and lower grille moulding are MIA. I did get a set from a supplier but they were beyond restoration as far as my body man was concerned. Bob Kosh put a call out to anyone who would be willing to write up schematics for the mouldings as they are in high demand. Right now my Fargo looks like it lost its four front teeth!

im kinda wondering, has anybody tried to repair their parking light housings? mine look the same, of course, but i was thinking, could you take 2 housings, cut them down the centerline, and weld the 2 top parts together, using one to replace the bottom. i dont know if the geometry would work, but why not try?