Armrests

geopcanuk

Are there any other cars or trucks that the arm rests might interchange from?

I used these from an early Dodge or Plymouth car and had them recovered with matching vinyl 15 years ago.

MVC-011F.jpg

Do a search on armrest here on the forum, MMcKinney found one that appears to fit our trucks.

I seem to have found a source for a good replacement arm rest for the 1953 B4B truck. I have not seen an armrest anywhere or on any Dodge web site since I have been working on this truck. So if you are interested, the 1948-50 Ford F1, F2 Truck Door Armrest fits the round hole in the Dodge PH truck door dead on. Just place a washer and bolt behind the pannel and there is no modification to the door at all. Even the bolt angle on the door matches the angle on the armrest. I used the bolts that came in the kit and just modified them to work on the Dodge truck. The Armrsests come in black and can be painted and are made a a tough poly plastic material. Check LMC truck under 1948-56 Ford and part #49-5400-BL. The price is right too.

MMcKinney

Caldwell, ID

Do a search on armrest here on the forum, MMcKinney found one that appears to fit our trucks.

I did the search and ordered a pair from LMT... and they do not fit the 49.As MMcKinney points out they were for his 53 B4B.I assumed they would have fit the 49...WRONG:eek:...as I discovered the $$ way.So if anyone is interested in a pair of brand new armrests for their 53,etc,PM me and we can work something out.

• 1 year later...
I did the search and ordered a pair from LMT... and they do not fit the 49.As MMcKinney points out they were for his 53 B4B.I assumed they would have fit the 49...WRONG:eek:...as I discovered the $$ way.So if anyone is interested in a pair of brand new armrests for their 53,etc,PM me and we can work something out.

whats the hole to hole spacing?

• 1 month later...

It does get confusing trying to understand what is original. I bought a pair of armrests on eBay that are dead ringers for the ones I see in the original factory images, but the hole to hole measurement is off by a 1/4". I have also found many other sets that look the same but all have the 1/4" offset. It shouldn't be that hard these days with the info we have available. Any ideas why and where I can find a set of armrests with a hole to hole measurement of 5 1/2"? Also, looks like there is a clip that fits into a square hole just inside the mounting hole. Figure the clip or ? is there to provide something to screw a mounting screw into. Anyone have any info on that?

It does get confusing trying to understand what is original. I bought a pair of armrests on eBay that are dead ringers for the ones I see in the original factory images, but the hole to hole measurement is off by a 1/4". I have also found many other sets that look the same but all have the 1/4" offset. It shouldn't be that hard these days with the info we have available. Any ideas why and where I can find a set of armrests with a hole to hole measurement of 5 1/2"? Also, looks like there is a clip that fits into a square hole just inside the mounting hole. Figure the clip or ? is there to provide something to screw a mounting screw into. Anyone have any info on that?

ditto that....I've been trying to find them as well, seems we are in the same boat!

There are some in the Roberts catalog and was wondering if anyone has ordered these armrests.

I orderd the Roberts armrests and sent them back. The first photo shows the difference between the Roberts version and my original. The second photo is how I handled (no pun intended...) the situation. It's a Stanley gate handle and it was almost an exact fit. I didn't want to drill any more holes...:)

post-280-135853666665_thumb.jpg

post-280-13585366667259_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

I think I may have two of what you have as "original" from my multiple attmpts to get arm rests for my truck.

I BELIEVE I picked up a proper pair for my truck off Epay finally. They are the only ones I've found that have the 5 1/2" spacing for the holes that matchup to my doors.

Edited by ggdad1951