1950 1 ton wheel base?

jmooner3

Guys - I'm still working on getting the 50 1 ton parts truck. Not sure if it rolls well or not so rather than counting on a tow dolly I have a buddy with a trailer that may work. The 1 ton is a "rolling" frame. No box or front clip. It's just frame, cab and a running motor!:)

Anyone have any idea what it might weigh in this condition and how wide/long of a trailer I need to haul it. This is a 1 ton 1950 with single rear wheels - no duallys. If anyone has one to measure or can point me to the spec sheet on this truck I'll go measure my buddy's trailer and maybe I'll have a parts truck en route before the next big snowstorm...we just got nearly 3 feet! :eek:

According to my shop manual, the frame measures 177 15/32" from the front spring front eye to the rear of the frame on a B2D with 116" wheel base and 191 1/32" on a B2D with 126" wheel base. They don't give the dimention from that spring eye to the front, but it is pretty close to the front of the frame. Maybe add another foot. I hope that helps.

I haven't a clue what the weight would be, but if it's a tandem axle car trailer it should be sufficient.

Merle

I don't find that spec in my books, but I believe it should be the same as my 3/4 ton. Again I have no specifics, but I recall measuring the width of my truck once and it was around 6 or 6.5 feet wide overall. (as I remember) Wheel track width would be several inches shorter than that.

Merle