pics of my 265 with headers installed

mpn23748

here are a couple of pics with the Phillips Exhaust headers installed on my 265. They fit well, had to use a electric fuel pump, as the stock pump would fit, but would have issues with boiling the fuel.

post-1881-13585350910262_thumb.jpg

post-1881-13585350910869_thumb.jpg

runs good, just a little lean with wide open throttle, I used my A/F meter it is a 13.5:1. I have some larger jets coming from Pierce Manifolds

..Thanks for posting the photo.It looks good. :)

Edited by Ralph D25cpe

runs good, just a little lean with wide open throttle, I used my A/F meter it is a 13.5:1. I have some larger jets coming from Pierce Manifolds
Be sure and let us know what jets you will end up with---I am running the same engine with the same mods---nice to have someone who is just a little ahead of me---I can learn from you.....Thanks Lee

Hi, engine looks great, hope to do the same to a 251 I have someday. Any idea how much HP your engine would be pushing out, could it be run at a higher rpm, and higher redline than a stock engine...........Fred

my guess is about 175 hp, it deffienatly has a lot more power than before. I do not have a tach on it so I do not know what RPM it is running at. The crank was lined bored and the rotating assembly balanced, I would think it would handle more RPM.