Stainless grill pieces for B3's

Don Bunn's book shows several B3 Series trucks with the optional stainless grill pieces, but I have never seen stainless on a forum member's truck. I scanned the gallery again and nada.

Has anyone run into a B3 truck with stainless grills. Everytime I visit a junk yard I get anxious about finding this rare part. I love the hunt but not the odds.

Jim in Dallas

I owened this one about 4 or 5 years ago. It may have been a spring special guessing from the bright grill pieces. Not sure if they were chrome or stainless though.

From the looks of several colors peaking through, it has undergone many mods. Chome or stainless, I would be interesed in tracking down those pieces.

The stainless option was brought on by a war materials restriction. Funny, after 58 years those Koreans are still giving us fits.

Jim in Dallas

Jim,

Here's a 'way before' pic of my 52 B3FA with the stainless grill pieces. Just a bit too beat up to look good polished so I painted them gloss black. Guess I could strip the paint and try to work them over. I've learned a few things around here since then so I may just try that one of these days.

At the time I didn't know how rare the stainless was.:o

post-24-13585350427651_thumb.jpg

Your just down the road, so if you want to trade out with a little incentive, let me know.

I just reworked my metal set, they are smooth, primed and ready for glossy black paint & topcoat this weekend.

Jim in Dallas