locking the doors on my 53, NOT

yup, both of mine detent and lock, but neither of them have a hole for a key switch to unlock, it was never there from the factory. Its not filled in, just never there.

and after buying 2 sets from Roberts and both being bunk, not to mention being stuck with them, I won't spend another dime there either.

The right side - passanger's side - door latch units have a square hole for the lock stem to fit into and to actuate the lock mechanism. If your right latch has this feature, likely someone has removed the outside lock unit.

Rubber parts from either Burn Bumm or Roberts are a joke, IMHO. I have about a full set of their stuff laying around here, and it's mostly useless. These guys sell both car and truck parts, and simply expect that what fits one will fit the other. When it comes to returns or adjustments for parts that don' work or fit, they do not understand these words.

Taie for esample, cowl vent gaskets. The stuff they sell simply will not fit. Vintage Power Wagon sells this material by the foot. You just glue it into place and put the seam at the back. It works perfectly. I've never heard a bad word on this forum about Steele Rubber or Clesters. They both seem to have good products.

In point of fact, I will go on record by saying both of these fellers have bedside manners that totally lack gravity. I'll buy anywhere else before I spend any more of my money in Massachusetts with either of these men.

After all this talk of door locks I went playing with the 46. Can anyone tell me where to start looking if the door won't lock when using the handle from the inside? I push it to the lock position but it still opens from the outside

ok, my drivers door does this, if I detent and shut, it still opens from the outside, if I reach in the vent window and detent, it stays locked and can't be opened from the outside.

the passenger door will detent and when I shut it, stays locked.

Ya its supposed to unlock when you close it. I was reaching in through the window with the door closed and it still wouldn't lock. something is wrong there for sure

After all this talk of door locks I went playing with the 46. Can anyone tell me where to start looking if the door won't lock when using the handle from the inside? I push it to the lock position but it still opens from the outside

Ed , Sometimes the mechanism gets worn , with your window open... reach inside and actually hold the handle up in the locked position...now see if the door is locked . If this doesn't do anything , then I don't know any other tricks .

Ed , Sometimes the mechanism gets worn , with your window open... reach inside and actually hold the handle up in the locked position...now see if the door is locked . If this doesn't do anything , then I don't know any other tricks .

fyi, I dunno if this changed with the years, but mine "detents" downward, up opens the door.

Nope when I try to open it on the outside it forces the inside handle back from the locked position