Officially addicted

leadheavy52

Well, I can officially consider myself addicted. I purchased a '52 Suburban (in process of a full restoration) back in July, and tomorrow will be heading up north to look at this. From what I gather from the seller, it is a 1951 (he listed it as a '53) Cranbrook  Club Coupe. It's pretty straight and it runs and drive, though the owner says it smokes a little. He referred to it as a semi-automatic, but I know that the Hy-Drive wasn't introduced until '53 so I know it's not that. I'm hoping it was one of the post-'52 OD conversions that were offered at that time. Initially, I wanted to purchase this as a parts car, but it is too complete AND has a clear title, so I will keep this from the scrapyard as well. I will post more once I have it home and can give it a once over. It's from northern New Mexico, so it should be mostly rust-free. I guess I am now in the Two-Plymouth Owner's Club. LOL

On a side note, I might try to pick up the sedan in the rear for a parts car if the price is right.

-Austin

Screen Shot 2019-01-08 at 3.24.33 PM.png

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, leadheavy52 said:

Well, I can officially consider myself addicted. I purchased a '52 Suburban (in process of a full restoration) back in July, and tomorrow will be heading up north to look at this. From what I gather from the seller, it is a 1951 (he listed it as a '53) Cranbrook  Club Coupe. It's pretty straight and it runs and drive, though the owner says it smokes a little. He referred to it as a semi-automatic, but I know that the Hy-Drive wasn't introduced until '53 so I know it's not that. I'm hoping it was one of the post-'52 OD conversions that were offered at that time. Initially, I wanted to purchase this as a parts car, but it is too complete AND has a clear title, so I will keep this from the scrapyard as well. I will post more once I have it home and can give it a once over. It's from northern New Mexico, so it should be mostly rust-free. I guess I am now in the Two-Plymouth Owner's Club. LOL

On a side note, I might try to pick up the sedan in the rear for a parts car if the price is right.

-Austin

Screen Shot 2019-01-08 at 3.24.33 PM.png

If the rest of it is as straight and rust free as  what we can see,that sure looks like a winner to me! It even runs and drives,so you can do complete redo on the brake system and fuel system,and have a car you drive right away,not 2 years from now.