Got the wide whites!

DLK

Well I got the new Diamondback wide whites installed today.  It was a 16 mile drive home from the shop and so far so good. I like the looks and the way they ride.  You can see we have nice fall color - unfortunately it means close to time to put the car to bed for the winter.

post-339-0-48814000-1445303510_thumb.jpg

post-339-0-29308700-1445303527_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

That's a nice lookng car. The wide whites really set it off. When I was a kid I don't recall many cars having white wall tires, but if they did they were wide. Even though few did, it sure sets the tone for that era.  It's kind of like convertables - there weren't many back then. but that's what many of us want to represent that era.

I'm sure they'll be a hit, even if it's next spring when you get to show them off.

Gene 

Your car looks great with the new wide whites!

I have them on a few of my cars too and like that look... that mooshy marshmallow look :D

That's a nice lookng car. The wide whites really set it off. When I was a kid I don't recall many cars having white wall tires, but if they did they were wide. Even though few did, it sure sets the tone for that era.  It's kind of like convertables - there weren't many back then. but that's what many of us want to represent that era.

I'm sure they'll be a hit, even if it's next spring when you get to show them off.

Gene 

It is ironic that you probably couldn't even order whitewalls on a Wayfarer in 1950 but I think on a stock 40's or 50's car they do look good. :)  

Nice look, I had Diamonds on my 49' D29 and they handled very well and they looked very sharp too!

I doubt you get enough snow in Woodbury to "put the car up" do you??? ha! :ph34r:

The "nice" thing about the Twin Cities is we can get 40 inches one winter and 90 the next - you just never know...  :)

Car looks great. When we were KIDS, you could get whitewalls but most of the blue collar workers didn't. You could get phony whitewalls that were put on rim on top of tire. You could put them on next set of tires. when first driving I would buy 2 & put them on right side of car.

Car looks great. When we were KIDS, you could get whitewalls but most of the blue collar workers didn't. You could get phony whitewalls that were put on rim on top of tire. You could put them on next set of tires. when first driving I would buy 2 & put them on right side of car.

Yes I am old enough to remember "porta-walls.  You let the air out of the blackwall and put these on in the front of the tire.  My brother had them on his 38 Chev but if you scraped the curb they shredded!