Blocked -What Does That Mean On This Site?

JIPJOBXX

Blocked or banned? "Blocked" are specific IP addresses typically of known spammer sites or individuals trying to hack the site. "Banned" are former registered members who didn't play well with others. Fortunately the banned list is very small, I can count it on one hand. The blocked list is substantially larger.  I find it hard to believe but we actually have people actively trying to gain unauthorized access to the site. Hopefully they will get a life at some point. 

We do have a page counter for unregistered users. The can view N number of pages every two hours and then the site is blocked with a message telling them why and how to remove the block. If they register they have full access. It is to encourage lurkers to become members. 

The other "blocked" action is from seeing posts or responses from an individual member.  I believe your can set that in your individual profile control center. 

Think that is all of them!   :D