clutch pedal not moving throw out bearing !

finally got trans installed...its a 3 speed fluid drive. Once I took out the cross member behind the trans. it slid right up and into the engine no problem.

Here is the question for someone more knowledgeable than I.

I think I might have installed the throw out bearing wrong. When I push the clutch pedal nothing happens..I mean the bearing does not move at all.. I connected the bearing spring up top to the the screw thing with the hole in it *( I thought this is what kept bearing against the forks)....

Now I'm totally confused as My manual does not give clear pic of how its suppose to be (seems like only one logical way it could possibly go).

Anyone have a clear pic or idea what I did wrong.

Yes this is the first time i've installed a trans..I read my manual and everything here and thought I was prepared but guess not.

appreciate any help. thx

bearing is in correct..just that the linkage that hooks up to it at the trans seems to not adjust enough so that it will push throw out bearing in when the clutch is pressed it.

Very strange....I'm thinking my linkage is not installed correctly on the break, clutch shaft on the side of trans..but It seems like its alright.

anybody have a pic of fluid drive linkage at trans?

I tried adjusting the clutch all the way out and still not enough to push in bearing.....im stumped...i' hope you guys have seen this before..

Well I talked to someone and he said becuase I have a fluid drive that my release bearing would not push the fingers in on the pressure plate...this sounds funny to me..

Anyone know the difference between Fluid Drive 3 speed and regular 3 speed as far as the function of the release bearing goes?

I did notice that I ordered a new bearing and it was not correct..was not the same diameter as my old one..so I used the old one....so there is a diff but not sure exactly what .

thx

With the clutch released the throwout bearing should be almost touching the clutch fingers (small amount of clearance). The small spring will help to hold it away from the clutch so that it doesn't touch and spin when the clutch is released.

Here's a picture of the linkage on my fluid drive w/ 4 speed. It should be the same on yours.

P1200199.jpg

Merle

well my linkage looks alot like yours..my problem is this.:

when i push the clutch in the throw out bearing goes forward but not enough..so when the bearing finally pushes against the pressure plate fingers it isn't enough to push fingers in to engage clutch......I hope this makes sense to you.....I did try adjusting the linkage..i adjusted all the way in and out..makes no diff still does not push fingers in........I'm really stumped on this..been messing with it for over 10 hours laying under truck..I feel dumb but dont know what to do...

I looked and looked and my linkage is all together right...my t.o bearing is installed correctly with the spring hooked up top (I see the bearing return after i push the clutch in....

Also the clutch pedal feels very weird..too sloppy like when i push it in no resistance...

I'm assuming I have the linkage wrong..or the bearing wrong..but it seems like it's the only logical way it can go.

thx for y our help...

that little shaft at the very end that has the turnbuckle adjustment thing for clutch...(the collar with keyway)...well it can go on 2 different ways..I had it on the wrong way....duhhhh....

On to next step.....at this rate my Pilothouse will be up and running in 2 or 3 more years...(already been 1 yr.)

Sounds like you have the linkage worked out. I put mine back together this weekend and this gives a good angle of the connections. Both of my pedals were re-bushed and a new shaft installed. Thanks to Merle for his earlier threads on how the linkage and set-up works in the B3 Fluid Drive. I have found that using the SEARCH feature is the answer to my lagging memory. Pictures say it all.

post-105-13585348087976_thumb.jpg

post-105-13585348088188_thumb.jpg

post-105-13585348088361_thumb.jpg

Calling out to anyone with 52-52 B3B with Fluid Drive, column three shift. I can't get my hand brake disk to align with compression pad. I suspect somewhere in its history the correct disk was replaced with another part.

Please post a photo. Merle, do you have a photo like below but more view of the hand brake disk?

Thanks,

That's the way it is on my parts truck, but the drum on that B3C is larger diameter so I can't interchange them. The flange on the parts truck is also on the outside (towards differential) of the drum like you suggest. On my Fluid Drive the flange is almost center to the drum, thus it off-sets with the compression pad by 1/2 inch. I want to find out if this is the right drum for a Fluid Drive which in many cases Fluid Drive is different from standard transmission.