Woodward DreamCruise

DonaldSmith

Coming up soon, from Detroit to Pontiac, August 16, millions of people driving and watching cruisers along Woodward Avenue. But it builds up the few weeks before. Already, people are sitting along Woodward Friday and Saturday nights, watching the classic cars and cruisers go by.

Last year, Jon stopped by the house, and my '47 DeSoto and his '51 Plymouth got together to swap tales.

Lemme know if you will be in the neighborhood in the next few weeks. Send me a PM, or look me up in the book, 2007 Earlmont in beautiful Berkley. (Only two "e"s in our Berkley) We'll be out of town the weekend of the 8th, but otherwise, we'll be around.

(Don Coatney is rumored to be on the way to this general area, to meet up with some of the guys and do "the Henry Ford" (museum, Greenfield Village). Any way to get in touch with those guys?)

Donald J. Smith

Wish I was there again this year Donald. Be sure and get that Desoto farther than your local parade this year,,:) Very clean car.

Woodward sure takes away all of life's ups and downs for me. It's like going back in time 40 years to see all those cars and people.

Have a blast.

I met the guys at the POC meeting. The POCs let me park in the outcast row. People loved the car.

I hung out with Don Coatney and the guys. After the show, we lined up our cars for a photo shoot. (Reportedly there was another kind of photo shoot that morning, but I will leave that story for someone else to report.)

I'll try to post photos later. Maybe I'll start another thread.

I did get the DeSoto to some local shows. Ypsilanti's Orphan Car Show let Plymouths in this year, so the Chrysler Museum sponsored it, and the local chapter of the National DeSoto Club showed up in force. I won a "Sponsor's Favorite" plaque. I went to Ann Arbor's Rolling Sculpture Car show, and stayed there till 9:30 showing off the car. Shows can be fun.