Overdrive MOPAR Part Number ?

James_Douglas

My book list (sun gear balk ring) part #856458. I see no listing for sun gear plate. Could it be called (stationary gear w/oil plate) part #1483762? This part is next to the sun gear balk ring. If you have a fax I can send you page from the parts book. If you would like to call me my # is 704 855 2727.

Bill

James, The #s I gave you earler where right for overdrive units in Plymouth,Dodge and Desoto 1952-1956. If your trans is older then 52 I do not have the #s. Looking in both my service manual and my parts book it shows the same. Left to right. Housing, housing gasket,sun gear control plate ,balk ring,cover plate and cover plate snap ring ect. That is how it is listed in 1956 service manual. my 1956 parts book shows the same but calls the sun gear control plate as stationary gear w/oil plate part # 1483762 and to the right of that is sun gear balk ring part #856458. Pay close att to the interlock plunger for ware as they had six different lenghts. 1.386 1.398 1.410 1.420 1.430 1.442. If yours is worn could be your problem. Hope this makes some sense to you and helps.

Bill