Valve Springs

Surprised that no one has chimed in...........when I was chasing parts to build the 230 I had I bought a box of NOS Chrysler Valve springs from guys in Turkey where there was a major mopar distribution centre.......from memory the box was a Federal Mogul box & had listed that it was for the 23/25" engine but as this pic shows you can't see any box markings......I sold all this stuff & this is the only pic I have showing the springs, vales, lifters etc.........good luck in the hunt..............maybe try George Ashe/Vintage Power Wagons as they may know...........andyd     

P1000646.JPG

The alloy head was an Edgy Head from Earl Edgerton in California, I also had a twin carb Offy intake, split stock cast iron exhaust manifolds, Hei dissy, Beehive oil filter, Waggott 1/2 race cam plus all new internal parts & an imported from the USA a T5 gearbox......due to financial issues I sold the complete engine then the car.........sometimes we do stupid things........lol............andyd 

P1000644.JPG

IMG_1387.JPG

IMG_1355.JPG

On 8/22/2024 at 11:36 AM, andyd said:

Surprised that no one has chimed in...........when I was chasing parts to build the 230 I had I bought a box of NOS Chrysler Valve springs from guys in Turkey where there was a major mopar distribution centre.......from memory the box was a Federal Mogul box & had listed that it was for the 23/25" engine but as this pic shows you can't see any box markings......I sold all this stuff & this is the only pic I have showing the springs, vales, lifters etc.........good luck in the hunt..............maybe try George Ashe/Vintage Power Wagons as they may know...........andyd     

P1000646.JPG

Thanks Andy, I have sourced a set from Antique Auto Parts in the states. Will I see you at the Chrysler Club Nationals in Griffith next year ? I am all booked in.

Maybe, tho' I haven't bothered going to any Chrysler Restorers Club events for over 30yrs.........I helped get the club going back in the early 70's but upset a few wankers when I attended a vintage/veteran display day at Warwick Farm in my hotrodded 1940 Dodge & had the gaul to open the hood of my car & show its V8...I got a letter from the wankers asking me to attend a meeting & explain why I shouldn't be expelled from the club..........after I explained that I had not only helped get the club started but had installed various modifications to a number of club members cars they allowed me to remain a member........lol............I let the membership lapse till about 20 yrs ago & am still a current member but I haven't participated in any events.........we'll see.............andyd