Deluxe

BobDeSoto
Go to solution Solved by Plymouthy Adams,

I have a 1951 2door hard top DeSoto.

I always thought it was a Custom Coupe. 

Now I see there are trims on the front fenders that say DeLuxe.

I bought the car in 1989!

What else don't I know?

The car is in very good original condition but there had been a slight amount of body work on the right front.  Trim is broken that wraps around the fender to the blinker,

minor scrapes on the bumper and the headlights don't match.  The car had less then 50,000 miles on it when I bought it and everything does look "factory fresh".  This  "scrape" has always been evident since I bought it, but you could be right.  Cigarettes

in the ash tray had lipstick on them.

first off I discount about 99% of owner marketing hype at sale.....think it is not hype and BS.....I once wrote an article on a vehicle as a joke on the same subject...gave it to the car owner......later on this same letter was found displayed with the vehicle after the man sold the car.....my legendary lie lives on though it was purely written as 'spoof'  it is not enough to own a nice car...seems some amount of history needs to be accompany the car.  I am just glad our old cars are not to the point most LBC's are where pedigree takes precedence over condition and performance.  

• Solution

trim line...some better insulation I have been led to believe....cannot confirm or deny....most it is additional body trim, higher grade trim, some interior upgrades and other options are now stock on the higher line.  You bought the custom over the deluxe to keep from filing out and ordering a deluxe with this or that and wait for it to arrive.