1939 Plymouth P8, What are the correct colors of bell housing, transmission and flywheel cover pan?

I have the engine and transmission out for a rebuild, I know the engine should be silver, but I have seen pictures on line of both a black and silver bell housing, my bell housing was black when I pulled the engine (see picture below).  For the transmission, I have seen natural or cast iron color, and silver (engine color) transmissions, what is correct?  Seems like all the flywheel covers are silver but just want to confirm. 

Thanks,  Jerry

4D1559E8-1D1C-46CB-B46C-130699195C44_1_105_c.jpeg

It is my understanding in that era they painted the whole power plant assembly (engine, bell housing, flywheel cover & transmission) as a single assembly so they should all be the same color.

Thanks, after some digging on the old inter-web, I found this video showing the production of a 1939 Plymouth, it confirms the bell housing was attached to the block before the crank, flywheel and clutch were installed.  While it's a black and white video, you can tell the parts are the same shade.  For those restoring a '39 Plymouth, if you look at the video closely, you can get a lot of good information.  For example; I always thought the dash was painted body color as most of the restored cars I have seen have that, however this video shows wood graining.  Plus most restored cars I have seen have gloss black fuel tanks but they were silver. 

Regarding the dash, not sure about 1939 but in the early 1930s wood grained was on the deluxe models while the standard or business models had paint. In 1933 the standard (PCXX) the paint was black.

It is my understanding that the convertibles always had paint.

• 3 weeks later...