Jump to content



Recommended Posts

Hi there, i just bought a 1949 Dodge (from what I understand a 49 'Canadian' Dodge is actually a Plymouth) anyway, the water pump is very noisy and the guy I bought it from says it needs a new one. Seems fairly simple. Is it? Where is the best place to get one? Thanks... I'll probably be asking alot more questions as this is the first car I've owned older than 1955, and I've always had GM products.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Pretty straight forward, usually three bolts holding it on. Vintage Power Wagons, NAPA, Roberts, Berbaums south have them in stock. Last one I did all I did was remove the fan belt, pulled the bolts and hoses and it was out. The face of the radiator can have shared[ edges so wear gloves. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Terms of Use