Heat dome and fuel surprises

Rodney_Hamon

Ok. So I have to do a colonoscopy tomorrow am and about to start drinking that gallon of crap. I have not started the ‘36 or the ‘89 bmw in quite a while since it has been sooo hot here in NM.  Over a hundred here at 6800’ and my 20 x 22 garage has gone up to 110 + so I just haven’t been in there. I wanted to start both vehicles badly before the big C and before the heat dome comes back this week. I start the IX and then can’t start the dodge. While scratching my head I smell gas. I turn off the bmw and see a small puddle of gas on the floor.  Hose clamp on the fuel line needs tightened. Ok. Solve that. I pop off the top of the dodge carb and see the bowl is kinda empty. I remove the needle valve and clean it as it seems sticky. The fuel pump is full and the pin has not worked its way out. I put the stick into the gas tank and it has 1” of gas at the bottom. I hate having the gas tank under the seat but that’s life for now. I surmise the pick up tube is riding at the top of the gas surface perhaps. I add about half a gallon of gas. I pour about 2 oz. of gas into the carb bowl and then put everything back together. The truck starts right up. Garage is 100 and it’s time to drink more fluids. Man, I must be dedicated to have done that.  Thank god there was an awesome brewers/braves game on last nite on free tv and beer tasted good.  Just needed to get that off my chest.  Ha

0A3CC5D3-3842-4D4D-88BD-23B5DEDCD9D8.jpeg

• Like 1