Late 1930s Door Sill Plates

sidevalvepete

Does anybody know of a source or reproduction source for these type of door sill plates. This vehicle is a '38 export version of the Plymouth bodied Chrysler. When you enlarge the picture you can see some quite interesting details in the design. They have a patterned surface that is edged, even around where the draft proofing threads through the sill. Also the 'Chrysler' motif. I need some for a similar year D9 Dodge.

Just exploring the options before possibly trying to get some fabricated...Resized_20200831_114737_7420.jpeg.17356e263836f31f91de4f1b5e3d806f.jpegResized_20200831_114748_7954.jpeg.c601f79aa3e6ccd488db99998df10a58.jpeg

Edited by sidevalvepete
Changed title

Check out Cambridge Chrome in Cambridge Ontario up here in Canada. They can do some top notch restoration on trim. Always better than expected work by an old school shop which has been around for the better part of 40 years. They are my 'GO TO'!  all the best M

Ok, doesn't seem that there are any reproductions out there. No surprise really...I have a plan for making some up. Will update with how it turns out. Have the set from the pictured Chrysler as examples for templates. Looking at laser engraving options to replicate the original pattern and have pics of original sill plate Dodge script. A small project but one that will add nice detail to all the other work.

The thin aluminum skin over top of the molding tends to turn to dust in areas where moisture sits. Mine actually have pieces missing that have just deteriorated away. Material must be added and then the pattern reproduced onto the surface. Way beyond my skill set, so off to the professionals. A professional engraver who specializes in fine engraving work eg firearms engraver or an engraver specializing in metal plaques. Hope this helps M

• Thanks 1

Bringing this back up the tree with another request...below is some pics of sill plates from a 1938 Dodge Coupe imported into NZ not too long ago and converted to right hand drive. The sill plates are new and quite well made. I am interested to see what other 1938 mopars owned by folks here have in the way of sill plates. Am interestedin seeing if there are other patterns. 1096886170_Sillplate1.jpg.66f0b53e863d31056f3a8cb95ee08e62.jpgIf possible, pics would be good to give me some more info before I settle on a design to pursue for my vehicle. Thanks in hope here...1317054478_Sillplate2.jpg.9f9e3b8747febf2906ba8e756cffb80f.jpg

• sidevalvepete changed the title to Late 1930s Door Sill Plates