Yard Finds Today - Cranbrook and more with Pics

splat1955

Okay guys, a while back I promised to get some pics of a few cars I spotted locally in a yard. First though, I must apologize for the poor quality pics. In most cases I will take the blame, and is some of these pics, I'm sure the fuziness is my fault...but I believe my camera is about to die as well...it's progressively gotten worse the last year or so...and there was no way I was going to sneak out the one I got my wife last year for Christmas....I'd never heard the end of that. I've made separate postings for the 3 other cars as well, a NYer, another Chrylser...model unknown, and a '36 Packard. Being new to the old Mopar Iron, I don't know what years these are. I only know the Packard's year cause the yard guy told me.

Okay, this Cranbrook....the hood as you can see is just laying against it..probably has been for years. Anyway, it was really straight and still had all the chrome & ornaments on it. Actually, I was surprised cause the fenders, doors and the rest of the body is really straight on this car. The bumper, although needing chrome was very straight...didn't see any flaws except missing one guard. The grill also was very straight. The instrument cluster was there and complete along with some other interior electronics under the dash as you can see in the pics. Steering wheel was real rough. I took a pic of part of a bumper that was in the car. It looks very Chryslerish....it was in cherry shape with the guards...but I don't think it went to this car cause if I remember right, it didn't have the same profile as the bumper on the rear..and sorry, I forgot to take a pic of the rear of the car. My bad. The rear deck lid was sitting behind the car. It was very straight but along the bottom where it meets the body, it starting to show some " through and through" rust...not much, still very usable and repairable. Wasn't much left at all interior wise.

post-1457-13585346401392_thumb.jpg

post-1457-1358534640169_thumb.jpg

post-1457-13585346401991_thumb.jpg

post-1457-13585346402349_thumb.jpg

post-1457-13585346402635_thumb.jpg

Yeah Bob, it definitely had a different profile than the rear bumper. When I first found these cars a couple months ago and saw that front bumper inside the car(at least I think it's front...not sure though), I measured the distance between the inside of the mounts...cause the bumper was so nice that I figured even though it wasn't correct for my car....I'd buy it and put it on. I went home and measured and it was about 2 or 3 inches narrower than the space between my frame rails where it would have had to mount....plus, it really wasn't " rounded " as my car is in the front, so had the rail measurement been right, it probably still wouldn't have fit without hitting the gravel shield and at best, would have looked kind of funky.

That rear bumper with the square (more or less) corners, looks like maybe a 1950 Dodge item.