p24-1953

P24,

On my P23, there is the following:

stainless steel: around the "belt line", fender trim, moulding down the

center of the hood, horizontal parts of the grille,

rocker trim and wheel covers.

chrome plated pot metal: door handles, talilight bezels, trunk handle,

trunk emblem, some vertical parts of the grille, headlight rings,

parking light bezels and hood emblem bezel.

chrome plated steel: front and rear bumpers and front and rear bumper

guards.

I would think that your car would follow pretty closely to this pattern.

Only differences I can think of for 53, there is no center of hood strip, and headlight rings are stainless. In 54 they went back to pot metal I think. I haven't yet cleaned up my stainless except for the usual washing and waxing. That doesn't get done too often. A good chrome and metal polish is the stuff that comes in a small can and it's like cotton wadding. Nevr-dull is the name, made by Eagle One.

I've always had good luck on chrome surfaces like bumpers using regular old SOS pads and plenty of water. Seems like the steel wool is too soft to scratch chrome but it takes off any rust stains and other gunk. I wouldn't use SOS on a pristine rechromed bumper but OK on a driver.

Out here it's at Pep Boys, Kragen, Wal Mart. Motorcycle shops sell it too, it's good on chrome exhausts.

Maybe even JC Whitney?

I like it because it's not too hard on paint if you get a little crazy putting it on your chrome. You rub it on real good and let it turn white, then polish it off.