Anyone used JCW 5" or 4" clamp on mirrors?

splat1955

I'm trying to find out if anyone here has used these either of these mirrors and if so, on what year vehicle. I'd like to try a pair of the 5" mirrors with the straight arm cause they look as though they might be a better look on my '48 Dodge. The 4" has kind of "J" shaped arm....don't know how these would look or function on my car. I don't want to purchase them if they are plastic, but I thought I remember somebody here stating that they'd used one or the other. Any suggestions or recommendations? Oh, these are the clamp on style.

And you need adequate clearance between the door edge and body.

On my car, due to its accident years ago, the drivers door is too close to the cowl, therefore I cannot use the clamp-on mirrors in the only place I have to put them. But with a sedan, they can go up higher on the door, so likely not a problem. I have used a door mount mirror instead.

Robin, in the UK, got some nice round mirrors that I believe require a hole in the door to bolt them on. But they seem to be quality items.

Just got this one (used) at a swap meet in August. It stands out a little farther from the car than my first one.....so you have better visibility around the bulge in the side of the body.

100_7786.jpg

Hey Guys.....thanks for the input. I guess you guys included some pics...but for some reason, pics aren't coming up in the posts like they had been. Maybe it's time to reboot or something.

Hey Reg.....your JCW mirrors, which ones are they.....were they the

" K " Source, JCW Part # ZX127787A. Kind of a straight type arm. Here's the link to the ones I'm asking you about.

http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/Product/tf-Browse/s-10101/Pr-p_Product.CATENTRY_ID:2008322/p-2008322/N-111+10201+600003213/c-10101

If that's them, how is the quality? Are the arms and heads metal? Good Mirrors? Thanks.

I recently purchased a rectangular mirror for my '47. I like it a lot. Good metal and fit very well. I used double sided tape to pad the part that mounts up against the outside of the door as I thought it might scratch. Just peeled the protecting off the mirror side and left it on the door side so it would not stick to the door, would just protect it. Fit well.

Here's the pic.

G_18326G_SW_1.jpg;pv270eb51014a2a118

Hey Guys.....thanks for the input. I guess you guys included some pics...but for some reason, pics aren't coming up in the posts like they had been. Maybe it's time to reboot or something.

Hey Reg.....your JCW mirrors, which ones are they.....were they the

" K " Source, JCW Part # ZX127787A. Kind of a straight type arm. Here's the link to the ones I'm asking you about.

http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/Product/tf-Browse/s-10101/Pr-p_Product.CATENTRY_ID:2008322/p-2008322/N-111+10201+600003213/c-10101

If that's them, how is the quality? Are the arms and heads metal? Good Mirrors? Thanks.

That's them Splat. $11.99. All chromed metal. I like them but the mirror did fall out of one of them though. 1 out of about 8 isn't bad though.

Hey, thanks Reg, Steve, Norm and Bob. I saw those rectangular mirrors too, just thought the round ones might go better with the long round body of my car. So, it looks like I'm going to have to give a couple of them a try.

GO ROUND!!!!!!! I think you can see good out of them and they don't stick out alot. I had both on my previous car 53 chevy bel-air and let me tell you.... the round ones were great! for my desoto it will J-arm peep mirrors! right Normspeed?:D

Yup.....no dual exhaust or carbs yet so I had to at least have dual mirrors.

Even with one eye closed ;) I was seeing double so the 4 inchers had to go. :rolleyes:

Reg, is this your car? I think you shoulda left them both on there. Really cool look.