Holy Tail Fins, Batman!!!

I just spent the better part of last week down in the Chicagoland area at the WPC national (international) meet. I have to say that I've never seen that many Desoto's ever, let alone in one place. And the same goes for Town & Country's. What a great event for a Mopar lover. :) :) :)

I have to thank Byron (aka Byronb3b) for convincing me to go. It was great to put another face to the many names here. But besides that, I had a blast there. Byron finally picked up his new toy, a 1956 Imperial, in Ohio and is now on his way home to the Pacific Northwest. It was a hoot to ride around in this fantastic car throughout the week. He even let me drive it, and all I can say is WOW!!! What a SWEET ride. He even took 1st place in his class at the car show.

P7200126.jpg

Oh yea, the T&C's. 14 total '41 - '50's, and 3 mid '80's "plastic" T&C's. If you like Woodies, this view would probably give you one.

P7200123.jpg

Only 2 trucks in the show. Supposedly the '36 was just finished that morning.

P7200224.jpg

I now have a new goal. I want to get my truck up and running by next summer so I can take it out to next year's WPC meet in Farmington, PA.

But wait, the title mentioned fins...

P7200251.jpg

For more pics, go here. http://s66.photobucket.com/albums/h254/mac2026/WPC%2007/

Merle