230 in a t bucket style rat rod jeep. Need some info.

Coronet1950

Okay so I do have a 1950 coronet that I am currently building. I have a 318 that is going in it. I also have a 1960 willy's cj5 salvage car that I am currently working on the frame to accept a suicide front end. (t bucket style) I am putting the 230 flathead in jeep. I have a tk5 that is going to go behind the engine. The jeep did not have any pedals so I am going to find some that fit up to the firewall. My question is....Has anyone made their tk5 conversion a hydraulic setup? like a external slave cylinder to the fork? I want to keep my flatty I love it. It just doesn't suit my goals for the coronet. I would look just down right nasty exposed in a jeep rat rod though. Any info would be appreciated. post-7116-0-88439100-1455814608_thumb.jpgpost-7116-0-78516000-1455814628_thumb.jpg

depending on what you want or need for brakes, you might consider the double cylinder with single reservoir that operated

both clutch and brake in the early 60s Chev truck.  From a modern safety perspective it does not have much to offer though. The slave cylinder from this set up would operate the clutch really well.

Can't fault your choice of engine.... it is fun to be different.

For right now I am just going to use the drums already on the dana 25 for the front and the drums for the ford 9 inch in back. This is going to be the definition of a true rat rod I only have about 100 bucks in this thing. I'll have to check it out. Is this what you are talking about? post-7116-0-36385900-1455836571_thumb.jpg

I might be using the ranger pedals after all. Isn't the slave cylinder inside the bellhousing on tk5? mine is. I didn't think you could use that on a 230 swap? I don't know I am still learning about everything I need for the conversion. 

Okay maybe I am just confused a little bit. so for the tk5 conversion you use the 230 bellhousing, the flywheel, the pressure plate, the disk from the ranger and the throw out bearing/ slave cylinder from the ranger as well? 

I used my 37 or 38 bellhousing/flywheel/pressure plate/throwout bearing.

I used a Ranger disk.   My pedal pressure seems soft to me, with the 38 pressure plate,

probably needs new springs, but it is working good, no slipping...

Instead of using the Plymouth/Dodge throwout bearing, you could used the Ranger setup.

This would be a better setup, if using a strong pressure plate...

post-1465-0-92223700-1455974149_thumb.jpg

post-1465-0-82364700-1455974180_thumb.jpg