RockAuto.com

Normspeed

Once again, Rock Auto has impressed me. I needed a set of 4 NGK plugs for my motorcycle. Online, I found prices ranging from $5.00 to $8.00 per plug plus shipping. This is comparable to what the Honda dealers charge. Rock Auto sells the same plug, in a box of 10, for $1.80 per plug plus shipping. Total for 10 plugs with S&H, $24.00 or $2.40 per plug. This covers me for 2 1/2 tuneups, which is a long time! I've bought several items from this outfit and their prices and shipping can't be beat.

Ok,so who are they,were are they,and what is their URL,phone number,or other contact info? I'm going to be needing wheel cylinders and similar parts for the 42 coupe I just bought

Also,looking to buy a finned aluminum head and dual carb intake for a 48 Dodge 6 cylinder engine.

Ok,so who are they,were are they,and what is their URL,phone number,or other contact info? I'm going to be needing wheel cylinders and similar parts for the 42 coupe I just bought

Also,looking to buy a finned aluminum head and dual carb intake for a 48 Dodge 6 cylinder engine.

Try rockauto.com, or do a search for them. They are located about 90 miles from me in Rockford, Illinois.

Try rockauto.com' date=' or do a search for them. They are located about 90 miles from me in Rockford, Illinois.[/quote']

Thanks! I have them bookmarked now. A quick glance didn't turn up any wheel cylinders for a 42 Dodge car,but they can probably get them.

Once again, Rock Auto has impressed me. I needed a set of 4 NGK plugs for my motorcycle. Online, I found prices ranging from $5.00 to $8.00 per plug plus shipping. This is comparable to what the Honda dealers charge. Rock Auto sells the same plug, in a box of 10, for $1.80 per plug plus shipping. Total for 10 plugs with S&H, $24.00 or $2.40 per plug. This covers me for 2 1/2 tuneups, which is a long time! I've bought several items from this outfit and their prices and shipping can't be beat.

Norm,

I buy my NGK plugs off the shelf at my local Farm & Fleet store for around $1.85 each. I mentioned this once at my local Honda shop and I was told that he doesn't even get then that cheap. Just goes to show the mark-up distributors get for specialty markets such as for motorcycles.

Merle

Too bad we don't have those stores here. Another specialty market is marine. Local sources wanted crazy prices for some NGK plugs to fit my little Nissan 4 stroke 6 hp outboard. Got them online for about 25% of the best local price. I bought several as a hedge against inflation:D

Guest rockabillybassman

I want to add props for these guys. I never heard of them until I saw this thread. I ordered some parts and they emailed that the order had been shipped in less than 24 hours! Not only that, the parts I ordered were considerably cheaper than my normal source, and way cheaper than my backup source. From now on, Rockauto will be my first call for parts, followed by Andy B, then Collectors Auto Supply.

Guest 50Plymouth

I will say I love their hierarchal database for searching for parts for multiple cars at the same time :cool: . In fact I use rockauto to establish baseline prices when I then compare with other online places like orielly, autozone, napa, ect.,,