Cleaning a gas tank

Lloyd

1 ,Gallon of Apple Cider Vinegar and 1 Gallon of Water. Add nuts and bolts Shake periodically. Let sit for 2 Day Shake, don't Stir then Empty and repeat process /   However, A Radiator shop will cost a few bucks but clean it thourougly

I would take it to a reputable shop, usually a radiator place, and have them line the tank properly. It is not a job for amateurs and there are several steps that must be done to get a job where the lining does not slough off and cause major issues. Sometimes you need to spend money to save money.

Sounds like the best idea. Besides I have to get my radiator done as well so might as well get both.

Do radiator shops do gas tanks as well? So the stuff they put on the inside is meant for gas tanks or are we talking about them doing the same thing to the gas tank they would to any radiator using the same stuff?

The problem I come across this summer when taking my steel wheels to bare metal,

is that the wheels would form a light rust within a minute.      The warm humid days

are not a good time to have bare metal.       I figured my fuel tank would do the same,

that is why I coated the inside with kerosene...

maybe im wrong but  im thinking  a 70 plus year old tank,,,who  knows how deep the rust is,,and  boiling it out cant be doing the metal  any good,,how close is the  70 year old metal to  falling apart,, ???  i would perfer to keep  my  original tank,,if there is such a coating that wont let todays gas  re rust it,,,