wrong vent window rubbers from steeles?

Go to solution Solved by dontknowitall,

hi folks

2-3 years ago I think I bought a complete kit set for my 1950 B2B Dodge (fargo) 1/2 ton truck from Steele

Only today I am at assembly time and find these Vent rubbers are not fitting, they just seem short.

I wonder if these are the correct ones or if there is a difference between Dodge Fargo and Dodge B2B?

Steele list them as the correct ones ..

see attached photos

post-2817-0-38385300-1402394738_thumb.jpg

post-2817-0-62702400-1402394748_thumb.jpg

Edited by dontknowitall

I am not happy with the vent window rubbers I got from Steele either. Mine fit, but seemed a little long at the bottom. They would interfere with the roll up window. I had to trim a little off to correct that. They also don't have enough lip to seal against the window when closed. I can see daylight around the edges in several places.

The Steele rubbers which you have won't fit your truck Ryan as those vent window rubbers are made for the USA trucks and not the Oz (import trucks) - there is a difference in the shape of the vent windows (see photos - blue one is mine and green one is Hank's). Our vent windows here in Oz are more rounded at the front, which is why we require the rubber to be slightly longer than the USA version.

I got lucky with the ones which I got for my truck. I'll see if I can dig out details for you tomorrow for the correct rubber length - from memory, you can get them but you need to order them for a different USA model.

post-3915-0-97809200-1402397808_thumb.jpg

post-3915-0-61730200-1402397819_thumb.jpg

Edited by Desotodav

They won't fit your truck Ryan as those vent window rubbers are made for the USA trucks and not the Oz (import trucks) - there is a difference in the shape of the vent windows. I got lucky with the ones which I got for my truck. I'll see if I can dig out details for you tomorrow for the correct rubber length.

Thats not fair!

so, where would I get new ones? Mine are totally stuffed!

Spot on mate - the different shape means that the rubbers for our trucks here in Oz need to be slightly longer. I heard a few months ago that there was a fella at Fleetparts in Toowoomba who was making a mold for our vent window rubbers.

The frame in the photo you have shown is the USA vent window version. You would have to fill in the front section of your door frame to accommodate those frames.

• Solution

Spot on mate - the different shape means that the rubbers for our trucks here in Oz need to be slightly longer. I heard a few months ago that there was a fella at Fleetparts in Toowoomba who was making a mold for our vent window rubbers.

The frame in the photo you have shown is the USA vent window version. You would have to fill in the front section of your door frame to accommodate those frames.

No issue, will fix that tomorrow...and voila!

MANY THANKS ALL!

Edited by dontknowitall

I am not happy with the vent window rubbers I got from Steele either. Mine fit, but seemed a little long at the bottom. They would interfere with the roll up window. I had to trim a little off to correct that. They also don't have enough lip to seal against the window when closed. I can see daylight around the edges in several places.

Yep Merle, I found the same..the new ones are to long..

so, I cut mine in the middle ,removed a section and reglue with Sikaflex..all done!