Another "mirror" Solution

Oldguy48

I've been following the threads about finding a passenger side mirror that's actually functional, not just cosmetic.  I've got the same issue with my P15, but I'm going to try a different approach.  I didn't want to "hijack" the existing threads, so here goes....

I bought a rear-view camera that I plan to mount on the passenger side of my P15, with a video monitor inside the car to see whats alongside.  Not sure if I'll just make a camera window mount that I can easily remove when the car is parked, or what yet.

I already have an identical camera unit that is mounted on the license place bracket, with the video monitor built into the driver's side sun visor, and it works well for backing up. 

If I'm successful in trying this approach, I'll post the results.  If anyone has any other ideas, let's hear em!  I really love driving the car, but not being able to see what's approaching on the passenger side can make for an exciting trip. :o

Wayne

• 2 weeks later...

Well, today I tried out the rear view camera substitute for the passenger side mirror on my P15.  I think it's going to work out pretty well.  It's a Sony rear view camera connected to a Venturer 7" video monitor.  It seems to work well in the garage, but I have not taken the car out for a real life test yet.  I took pictures of the video system to post here, and after about an hour of trying to upload them, I give up.  The picture file is larger than 1 Mb, and I don't know how to reduce their size so that I can upload them in a post.  Why do computers have to such a pain in the a$$ ???

I thought that maybe someone would benefit from my efforts, but I just can't post the photos.  Sorry. :mad:

Wayne