Height Dimensions With One Leaf Removed

pflaming

Now that I've driven my truck, I think the springs are settled in. I removed on leaf from all springs.

Top of stock front bumper =18 3/4", bottom edge of the bed lower cross member = 19", both running boards, front top of the running board dimension = 15", rear top of rb = 15 1/4", so my truck is level with a very slight rake.

It would be interesting to see like measurements in a stock truck and others as well. I think my front bumper was 21", so then I lowered the truck 2".  It really rides soft but does not bounce and it goes straight down the road. My truck is a '52 B3B 1/2 ton.

Measure your dimensions in the same areas and I will make a listl

Member: Top of front bumper      Bottom of rear bed cross member      Top edge of boards      Rim & tire size

pflaming:  (6 leafs)      18 3/4"        ( 4 leafs)                              20"          f = 15 1/4  r = 16         235/ 75/ R15

Scuffy49     (5 leafs)                         ( 6 leafs)     [dimensions to be determined]

post-34-0-96771200-1361878561_thumb.jpg

Edited by pflaming

I wish i could measure those dimensions but my '52s in pieces right now... I like the ride height of your truck, looks good. How many leaves are you running in the front springs? I just got a new set from St. Louis spring and they have 8.

-Chris

When I tried to figure out what I wanted to do, I found that there were a great many combinations. In the mid-west, corn country they had more then in California which was truck farming. So it was very hard to get a comparison set up. I think that the individual leafs could be differnt. My truck has four leafs in the rear and six in the front, but the thickness of the rear is much greater than the front.

Mine has 7 in the front packs and 8 in the rear packs. As far as I know the suspension is 100% as it was the day Grandpa bought the truck brand new. He may have ordered the heavier springs though, his house had a wood fired furnace and wood fired kitchen stove. And he had heavy wooden hulled boats he took to the lakes and to Commencement Bay (Tacoma WA).

I plan on running 5 in the front and 6 in the rear.