49 fluid drive clutch sticking

Dodge1996

I got the clutch free and was happy so I pulled it out of my shop. All good until it stopped. Now I cant get it into no gear. Does the silenond or governor have anything to do with that. I can put the gear shifter up r down with no grinding without pushing the clutch at all.....

When you say you can't get it in gear, does that mean when you have it shifted into "3rd" the engine just revs? Will "reverse" work just fine? If its the M6 transmission with fluid drive your carb and engine have to be adjusted properly. Just got mine back on the road, everything was all out of whack for for a bit and the car would be stuck whilst driving, often it seemed like it would get stuck between shifting from 3rd to overdrive. Got the carb issue solved and timed the car properly and it drives like its coming off the showroom floor again. My 1956 Motors Manual has a trouble shooting section. Do you have access to manuals? Let me know if you don't and I'll see if I can scan it for you. Good luck!