What is original glass for a 52

lam glass all around except the corner windows (if you have them). Easily could be the original or a local guy who replaced panes but had it marked

My 49 has purple tinted laminated glass rear, clear door glass (has been broken since at least early 1974 and hasn't fallen apart), and clear laminated windshield glass.

According to the old History and Restoration book, safety glass has been in the trucks since the 30s. Doesn't say what brand though.

Looks like the original company was in Reedley, CA and bought out by Guardian Glass. Ironic, because I am taking the truck to Reedley to get the glass installed this weekend. I think the Guardian Glass plant is still operating in Reedley.

Strange circle of life stuff.

Tom

Hollister, CA

Dear BulldogTom,

Please find out if Reedly has the original patterns. An outfit here in Riverside CA claims to have them, but their prices are way to high for me to have them do anything for me. I'd like to replace my two windshield pieces (one got scratched somehow by someone during my second restoration) Please let me know if they cut by pattern and how much each windshield is.

Thanks,

Hank :)

Dear BulldogTom,

Please find out if Reedly has the original patterns. An outfit here in Riverside CA claims to have them, but their prices are way to high for me to have them do anything for me. I'd like to replace my two windshield pieces (one got scratched somehow by someone during my second restoration) Please let me know if they cut by pattern and how much each windshield is.

Thanks,

I can get you a tracing of mine if you want.

I am dropping off my truck this Saturday. They are going to look at my glass and decide if it is OK to use. If not, they say they will cut new pieces from my old glass.

Big thanks to Paul Flamming who put me in touch with these guys.

I will try to post some pictures when it is done and let you know what I think about the job they do.

I am crossing my fingers that this is going to work.

Tom

Hollister, CA

I can get you a tracing of mine if you want.

Tom,

Thank you for the offer but it is the actual patterns I'm interested in finding. I know we can always trace our existing glass. I'd like to find the real, actual, original patterns so that they could be scanned and made available to everyone before they are lost forever.

Tom,

Thank you for the offer but it is the actual patterns I'm interested in finding. I know we can always trace our existing glass. I'd like to find the real, actual, original patterns so that they could be scanned and made available to everyone before they are lost forever.

Tom? you must be getting old! ;)