anyone got an exhaust manifold

scottyv47

218 (1948 engine) with mechanical choke or 230 (1957 engine) with hot air choke? Pretty sure the 218 manifold is perfect, know the 230 has a crack to fix in one mounting ear. Planning to use a different set up on my truck, could part with either one. I'm just north of Memphis so maybe shipping wouldn't be that bad.

218 (1948 engine) with mechanical choke or 230 (1957 engine) with hot air choke? Pretty sure the 218 manifold is perfect, know the 230 has a crack to fix in one mounting ear. Planning to use a different set up on my truck, could part with either one. I'm just north of Memphis so maybe shipping wouldn't be that bad.

my 51 is a 218 it does have that stupid electric choke setup, but i have it disconected and i'm switching to a 2 barrel and wouln't be using choke anyway,

stupid choke..it is a very effective choke that has survived the test of time..majority still working today..however I got to admit most folks fail to read the owners manual (pages 3, 17 and 19) or being the manual may not survive as long as the choke..at least look up the operation in the repair manual..this auto choke does not work quite the same manner as the later bi-metal style but used proper is extremely effective..

My 218 has a plain jane mechanical (cable choke) carb on it, the 57 Savoy 230 has a metal pipe to transfer heat from the manifold to the choke mechanism. No electrical anything on either carb.

I don't need either exhaust manifold or either intake manifold, going with duals for both. Keeping both carbs though.

i really shouldn't say stupid choke mine works perfectly, just disconected it when i rebuilt the carb, and i have plans to change to a 2 barrel so never bothered to hook it back up, car runs perfectly without it, although it has been above 100 degrees everyday for the past 4 weeks now, could have something to do with it

My 218 has a plain jane mechanical (cable choke) carb on it, the 57 Savoy 230 has a metal pipe to transfer heat from the manifold to the choke mechanism. No electrical anything on either carb.

I don't need either exhaust manifold or either intake manifold, going with duals for both. Keeping both carbs though.

i guess the 218 manifold would be fine, what do you want for it, and my zip is 30668 for shipping price, thanks scottyv

The broken one on my 230 operates the choke, hot air port. I'll need to pop a couple patterns off of it, planning to run a set of tube headers until I can buy a fancy manifold for it.

I'll get the hardware soaking with PB and see if I can get it broken loose.

Same with the 218 manifold for Scotty, needs to be soaked, some of the nuts don't want to break loose. Haven't forgotten, just having issues getting it pulled. Hasn't been apart in decades.