40 dodge pickup engine, central mo, $75

austinsailor

A neighbor has a 40 Dodge pickup motor he want's to sell, says $75 will take it.

Head is off, cylinders look fresh, no wear. I haven't laid eyes on it, but if someone has an interest I'll check it close as I can. I frequently seeing people here wanting a motor, I'd hate to see this go to the scrap yard.

To help, I'll be going from central Mo. to Austin, Tx next month, then on to Corpus. I'll haul it along at no charge if that helps someone.

Gene is the Pilothouse equivalent of American Picker. Fortunately for me he frequently travels down Interstate 35 through Dallas, between Missouri and Austin and the Texas coast and has brouhgt me some good pieces for my rebuild in the last few years. Thanks Gene.

No, Hank. I don't drink, so I must be boring.

And thanks for the kind words, Jim. How are your trucks doing? By the way, your rear bumper started it's trip from deep in the woods about 50 miles north of Duluth, Mn. And the front bumper off that truck went to the mountains of Arizona. Our trucks still travel, don't they?