318 into my '50 Coronet

FESTER60

not to call names but there are a very large number of folks who "repackage/resell items automotoive related that are so far out of whack and hype their products as rare and hard to come by so to justify their inflated prices..shopping around does net big savings..plus getting it local will allow first hand corrections of any infractions should there be any concerns..I always give my local boys the first crack at supplying the parts..

• Like 1

I see you don't have a starter on yet is there room between your exhaust manifold and bellhousing

I have my starter out at the local auto electric shop being refurbished. I mocked it up and there is ample room. My local country junkyard/repairshop/scrap dealer/Mopar guru sold me the starter. He said there is a long and short version. I got the short just in case, but there would be plenty of room for the long one.

• 1 year later...

the smaller foot print starter is an asset for retrofitting.  I have fitted them in a couple of mine..actually two of my later donors are stock fitted with the small starters..allows for some easy exhaust fabrication and still give you room to remove the starter in the future...as I also make my own engine mounts (engine moves further back even with the donor clip) on the modern magnum engines..this allows me to position my plate mid line and use the older style LA mounts as they are exact fits to the modern cradle..again..the short starter is yet an easy in and out with my mount plates.