50 Ply coupe rebuild # two

b314mech

Have been reading this fourm for about eight months now, and have learned alot, I am posting some photos of the 50 plymouth entering its second rebuild by me, I am a little (20 years) older and have a few more dollars this time around. My daugher had my brother in laws get the car out of the field where its been for the last 15 years and bring it from SD to Indiana. It's a long story. So rebuild has started, I have the engine out and the front end rebuilt. I have installed Rusty Hopes disk brake system, photos follow. Thanks for all the good help from the fourm.

post-7544-13585362620863_thumb.jpg

post-7544-13585362621627_thumb.jpg

post-7544-13585362622421_thumb.jpg

Here are photos of where I started again, most of the car is solid, have dings from being shot with a lawn mower, and being ran into in the front right fender, I only have 800 miles on the car from the first rebuild. But I have bigger plans for the second rebuild. I have a finned aluminim head with a dualed finned aluminum intake. May split the exhaust. Have the disk brake kit installed. And I ramble, here are photos of when I brought it home in January 2011, I cleaned 5 gallons of mouse nests out and am still working on the smell, only seems to be bad on really hot days. Will send photos as work progresses.

post-7544-13585362629886_thumb.jpg

post-7544-13585362630545_thumb.jpg

post-7544-13585362631254_thumb.jpg

Why would you park a nice car like that and let it run down. You ought to be ashamed of yourself. Guilt musta got the best of ya and motivated you to fix it. Looks like a good project, good luck with it.