Spare tire

Hey guys. I got a flat tire the other day and was wondering if anybody out there uses a temporary spare tire.(see pic) Since I run bigger tires on my truck (P235/75/15) I figured it would be easier to place a temporary spare under the bed. Anybody do this? If so what vehicle is it from?

post-7202-13585361092331_thumb.jpg

I have one set aside to put in the spare tire well of the 51 Suburban..first off it is 16 inch and closer to actual tire height..second is that it is much much thinner than a normal tire..the spare tire well will not accomodiate a modern width tire even on a stock narrow rim and still allow the cover fit nciely...that is my reasons for making the temp a choice..I have had to run once with a temp tire..it was a 16 size with 15's on the ground..I could not tell it was on there..but I admit it was on the rear..I also will have one of these in the spare tire well of the 41 Business Coupe as the space behind the seat for the tire is small and these fit excellent there also..

remember it is just a spare and to fix you ground tire soonest..these are speed rated..a observant police person could observe this tire and you exceeding the limit of the tire..result, driving too fast for conditions...this is driven by the need for small towns to boost revenue..