Heater fan/blower switch

47heaven

Have been to Auto Zone, Pep Boys, Car Quest and even Napa, and neither one had a replacement push-pull, three-way heater fan switch that looked like the long universal, extended switch I have on there now. Though the switch still works, only high speed can be used since the low speed has seem to have gone out. Not looking for an original because I am 12 volt now. Anyone know where I can find the correct switch that will fit my P15?

I found a 3 position push-pull switch on the West Marine web site. $19.95. They sell lots of switches for boats. Is this similar to what you are looking for?

http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?productId=109368&catalogId=10001&langId=-1&storeId=11151&storeNum=10109&subdeptNum=10598&classNum=11288

I found a 3 position push-pull switch on the West Marine web site. $19.95. They sell lots of switches for boats. Is this similar to what you are looking for?

http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?productId=109368&catalogId=10001&langId=-1&storeId=11151&storeNum=10109&subdeptNum=10598&classNum=11288

Perhaps the switch that 47heaven is looking for is a three-position rotary switch (to control fan speed), with the push-pull function to turn the fan on or off.

Edited by kbuhagiar

I think the switch that 47heaven is looking for is a three-position rotary switch (to control fan speed), with the push-pull function to turn the fan on or off.

I am looking for the same kind of switch for the heater on MY 47 Plymouth. ;)

Close, but mine is longer because it has an extension at the end of it. It also has two connectors instead of four. Also, it's only a push-pull with three positions (off-on 1-on 2), which controls the fan speed.

The kind of switch I have used are the rotory switch whith the red plastic knob with a small insturment light bulb that gets brighter as the switch is turned to the right & the fan speed is increased and they clamp on the lower lip of the dash...

Tom (10)

I believe this is an original P15 style blower switch.....pulls out for

3 positions.

Thanks for posting that, Bob. I had never seen the original one before, since mine was missing when I got the car. The one in the pic below is the aftermarket one that I was trying to replace. I finally had to order it and now I have a nice, three-speed working blower, once again.

post-155-13585358227559_thumb.jpg

post-155-13585358228212_thumb.jpg

Good.........glad you got that one resolved.

I think the same company that made your heater switch also made

other switches like for headlights and things. They were probably

not quite as heavy duty or as good quality as originals.