OT: Cleaning oil spots off cement driveway

fedoragent

Muriatic acid (pool acid) when used in strength will etch concrete. I'd be careful using that to clean your driveway if its too strong you will be removing the top surface.

Oh yeh! got a call one day from the wife saying something stunk like rotten eggs and their was white foam on the drive way. I knew what it was so i told her to leave it and i would be home in a few minutes, well got home and the whole gallon was spilled. some how it had a split in the bottle and leaked out. i had just picked it up from the pool store earlier in the day, so i looked in the back of the pick up and sure enough their was a little. it ate the concrete about 10'X5' and about 3/16" into it. and that was just sitting on there for about an hour! out of the 12 gal we bought that was the only leaker. ps, if anyone ever wants to acid wash their own pool, pay someone! that was the most miserable thing i have ever done to the money pit!