Oh no....2 fuel tanks..both NG

So I get a report tonight that both fuel tanks from my resto truck and my parts truck are leaking and I was somewhat scared of that by the looks of the back ends...rusten beond any reasonable repair.

Is there any source for these tanks for a reasonable price...or should a guy just get out the welder and start from scratch.

Thanks guys..

There was what looked to be a pretty decent tank on e-bay a few days ago. It had a couple of small pin holes that looked like they could be soldiered up pretty easy. Also, ask on the parts wanted section , as I had the same situation with my truck during the re-working last year and was able to get a nice tank from another forum member.

Donor tanks from Pilothouse trucks are the only source for exact replacement I'm aware of, and the condition of many of these is suspect. After months of searching for a new tank, I resorted to taking mine to an old school radiator shop. They dipped it to remove all the internal and external rust, then soldered the holes and painted the interior with a special coating used in aircraft tanks. Kind of pricey ($250 each) but I have a safe conscious that it will not be rusting from within and clogging my fuel lines. There are also Re-Nu shops in major cities (see Hemmings) that specialize in renovating tanks, but again they are kind of pricey also. There are also some D-I Y kits available for under $100. Add gas tanks to the long list of after market resto parts we would to see for our trucks. Good luck.