Won't start

Well, thought this problem deserved a new thread...

My b1b started and ran pretty good, that is until I pulled the distributer and had the vacuum pot rebuilt...

Now that everything is installed the truck absolutely won't start. I have spark, and gas, so that is not the problem. It turns over, but makes no attempt to start.

I wasn't sure if I had the distributer in wrong, but have tried both ways. Maybe someone can tell me, if I pull plug #1 and put my finger on the hole and turn the motor over, the spark on the plug occurs at the same time my finger gets pushed off the hole. Does this mean the distributer is in the right way???

I am out of ideas at this point. Does anyone have any suggestions?

With #1 @ TDC, distributor rotor should be pointing around 7 o'clock position.

If your vacuum advance was introducing a leak into the charged air, then the carb will need to be reset because it is now too rich. Turn your mixture screw all the way in, then back it out 3/4 to 1 turn. I recommend shooting a 1-2 second burst of ether down the carb with the choke open to give the fuel a little boost in the sparkability department.

Edited by JBNeal
poor grammar

Yes, that means you have the plug firing on the compression stroke. Thats's good. It means you're close. Bring it back up on compression and stop cranking when it happens. Check your timing marks. TDC should be right in that area close. Turn the engine forward or backward until you get it lined up with the indicator. Check your points. They should have just opened at that point. You can check by backing up the engine rotation and then going forward watching the points as you turn it. When they just start to open is when the the spark will occur. I don't know what the static timing spec is for these engines but expect it to be at TDC or a little before TDC. Now pull all the plugs and put a couple shots of oil down each cyl. I suspect you;ve got the walls washed down from trying to start it and have little to no compression.