Bed Frame Info needed

milo ringe

We Are at the part of having the wood and bed but need a picture or where to find a schematic on:confused: the frame to bed rail supports . We can get the bed rail supports but need to see the Specs on mounting etc. All the repair manuals seem to be missing this data .

Any help would be appreciated .

Thanks

Milo in Georgia .

53 Dodge B4b 1/2 ton

Thanks for the information.

Does anyone know if there are any illustrations or pictures of the proper way to attach the bed to the frame? We are trying to rebuild the bed in the original factory method. When we bought the truck it had the wood replaced with a steel sheet with the sides welded to the steel sheet. We have successfully removed the sides of the bed and the front panel of the bed from the steel sheet. However, I do not know if the sides or the front panel are still in there original configuration. I would like to determine if the sides and the front are correct. I would also like to determine the correct manner for assemblying the bed on the truck frame.

Any help with this would be very appreciated.

Milo..though we were just on the phone talking, it did not occur to me to mention I have a Dodge truck book with a few pages detailing the replacement of the wooden bed complete with pictures...call me back..

Is this a Mopar issued document ? I've never seen anything published by them and have often wondered about the lack of any illustrating anything about what was available from the factory.

Thanks,

Hank

no, this is a private publication on Dodge Trucks over the years and has a section with pictures/blurb of a step by step bed rebuild with new wood, strips and cross supports. I had forgotten all about the book..I long long ago sold my 41 Dodge truck..I keep all technical books for future reference..

am not near the book so I cannot quote the publication data at this time

Whoa..just looked it up on Amazon..I got a keeper with this one...lol

http://www.amazon.com/Dodge-Pickups-History-Restoration-1918-1971/dp/0879384913/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1274719775&sr=1-5

Edited by Tim Adams